Android 2.2 Froyo much faster than Éclair!May 20th, 2010 - 11:32 pm by Wajiha H.
Google’s latest version of Android, Froyo, was announced only recently. This is one update that people were extremely excited about, so probably everyone knew about it even before it was properly announced by Google. There are many things that Froyo boasts of, a better speed, better performance and of course some additional features that the previous version of Android didn’t have. Over here I’ll just quickly give a small summary of the new stuff that it offers.
• It has the beta version of the Flash Support, which was also hugely awaited by all and sundry.
• Password unlocking, remote wipe, exchange calendars, auto-discovery
• Onscreen camera keys allows controlling zooming, flash, white balance, geo-tagging, focus and exposure.
• Camcorder can now use the LED flash as video light.
• Portrait orientation is now supported by the camera.
• New "car mode" and "night mode" controls and configurations allow applications to adjust their UI for these situations.
• Can be used as a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 8 devices.
• The smartphone can be tethered to a computer as a 3G modem over a USB cable.
• You can now peek into picture stacks using a zoom gesture via the picture Gallery.
• You get to have dedicated shortcuts on the Home screen for The Phone, Applications Launcher, and Browser.
• It supports multi-lingual keyboards
• You can voice dial and do the contact sharing over Bluetooth now.
Related ArticlesRelated articles to Android 2.2 Froyo much faster than Éclair!.
News ArchiveJune 2010 May 2010 April 2010 March 2010 February 2010 January 2010 December 2009 November 2009 October 2009 September 2009 August 2009 July 2009 December 2008 July 2008 June 2008
RSSNews RSS 2.0